Kintore Golf Club, situated in the Royal Burgh of Kintore, was formed in 1911 playing over a 9 hole layout to the north of the River Don. In the early 1990s the course was extended to 18 holes and now covers a large area of ground from the Don basin, overlooked by the clubhouse, to mature woodland at the far perimeter, giving an interesting contrast between the ‘old and new nines’.
The original 9 hole course remained largely unchanged other than minor alterations to tees and greens until 1991. The new holes contrast with, and complement, the original layout, being constructed on the northern side of the hill on the site of a former croft. Since the opening of the 18 holes there has been a continuous programme of improvement with new greens, tees and bunkers being constructed.
Although not as long as some – measuring 6126 yards from the medal tees – the course means the golfer cannot afford to be overconfident. The course is a mixture of hilly parkland, and holes lined by trees and criss-crossed by burns, producing some very interesting and tricky holes.
The golfer will enjoy spectacular views over the River Don, stretching away to Bennachie and the Grampian range of hills to the north and south.
|Hole||Medal Yards||Yellow Yards||Par||Stroke Index||LGU Yards||Par||Stroke Index|
|4||The Lang Stracht||481||476||5||11||370||4||3|
|9||Roon the Bend||425||344||4||7||344||4||8|